- 1 pound spicy italian sausage, crumbled
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 ½ cups water
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups kale or swiss chard, sliced in ribbons
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream (can sub 1/2 and 1/2, milk, etc)
- salt and pepper
1. In a skillet, brown sausage and drain. Place in crockpot.
2. Slice bacon into tiny bits. Brown bacon and place in crockpot.
3. Add onion to pan and sauté. Add to crockpot.
4. Leave skins on potatoes and chop in half then in 1/4" slices.
5. Place water, broth, potatoes, and garlic in pot. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8.
6. Add kale and cream to pot; season with salt and pepper; heat through. Add additional red pepper flakes if needed for heat.
**can also do on stovetop, simply follow steps to #5. Boil on high until potatoes are tender.