- 8 cups cubed cornbread
- 2 cups cubed white bread
- 1 ½ pounds italian sausage, browned
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup french chestnuts
- ¼ cup fresh sage, thyme, rosemary
- 3 cups chicken broth
1. Preheat to 375.
2. In a baking dish, spread bread. Toast until golden, about 20 minutes.
3. Set aside. Brown sausage. Return to pan with oil, onion, celery and saute.
4. Add sausage and remaining ingredients. Stir.
5. Place in pan and cover with foil. Cook for 45 minutes.
6. Remove foil and cook until brown, about 15 minutes.