- 2 lbs. ground round
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices yellow bell pepper, each slice cut in half
- 1 ½ cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices red bell pepper, each slice cut in half
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup sliced pimento-stuffed manzanilla or green olives (about 15 olives)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble.
Remove from pan; drain well.
Add oil to pan. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
Add bell peppers and carrot; sauté 3 minutes.
Return beef to pan.
Stir in raisins and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Discard bay leaves.
Nutritional information per serving
CALORIES 280 (29% from fat); FAT 9.1g (sat 2.8g,mono 4.4g,poly 0.6g); IRON 3.8mg; CHOLESTEROL 70mg; CALCIUM 46mg; CARBOHYDRATE 24g; SODIUM 557mg; PROTEIN 26.4g; FIBER 2.2g