- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper, cayenne
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 ¼ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon tabasco sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
Thoroughly combine the seasoning mix in small bowl and set aside (oregano, salt, white pepper, red pepper, paprika, black pepper, thyme leaves, basil leaves)
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat
Stir in tomatoes, onions, celery, green pepper and carrots.
Then add garlic, bay leaves, and seasoning mix.
Saute until onions are transparent, about 5 min, stirring occassionaly.
Stir in chicken stock, tomato sauce, sugar and tobasco.
Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
Cook until ingredients are tender, about 45 min.
Remove bay leaves before serving
Add cooked chicken or shrimp during cooking