- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ½ cups (1-inch) cubed red potato (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon grated whole nutmeg
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, celery, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
Add potato; sauté 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Stir in milk, thyme, pepper, nutmeg, corn, and broth.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until potato is tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in crab, parsley, and salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
Nutritional information per serving
CALORIES 265 (23% from fat); FAT 6.8g (sat 3.8g,mono 1.9g,poly 0.6g); IRON 1.5mg; CHOLESTEROL 47mg; CALCIUM 176mg; CARBOHYDRATE 36.5g; SODIUM 968mg; PROTEIN 16.3g; FIBER 3.1g