- 1 pound chicken breast
- red pepper flakes
- chili powder
- tortilla chips
- 1 small tomato
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- ½ cup jalapenos, chopped
- sour cream
1. Cut chicken in large chunks. Place in saucepan and fill pan with a little bit of water.
2. Poach chicken until cooked - about 5 minutes.
3. Allow chicken to cool and shred. Pour out any water in pan.
4. Return chicken to pan with a little oil and spices.
5. Hot grill chicken for 1-2 minutes on high heat.
6. On large cookie sheet, line flat layer of chips. Top with a bit of cheese.
7. Layer another row of chips.
8. Top with remaining ingredients (except salsa and sour cream).
9. Broil in oven about 5 minutes or until golden/brown.
10. Place on places and serve with salsa and sour cream
** for easy sour cream, place sour cream in sandwich baggie, cutting a small tip off of the corner, creating a "pastry bag." Pipe over nachos.
**can also prepare with ground beef prepared with taco seasoning instead