- 1 ½ cups roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- ½ loaf french baguette, sliced into 5-7 slices
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2-3 sprigs parsley
1. In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, and basil.
2. Add oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and mix well.
3. Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour.
4. Preheat broiler; slice bread.
5. Combine remaining 1 1/2 tablespoon oil with garlic salt.
6. Brush entire surface of slices with olive oil mixture.
7. Broil slices for 1 1/2 minutes on each side; until surface starts to brown.
8. Arrange bread like spokes on plate; put the tomato mixture in the middle.
9. Garnish with parsley.