- ½ pound elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 pound beef
- 2 cans rotel tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups pepper jack or moteray jack, shredded
- hot sausage, crumbled
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet; add the peppers, onion, and garlic, and saute until soft. Add the ground beef and saute until browned. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper, to taste, and the basil, cumin, and oregano. Saute for few minutes to combine flavors.
4. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni and the beef mixture. Spread half of the mixture into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Top with half of the cheese. Repeat steps.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.