- 4 cups ground walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 pound butter
- 20 sheets phyllo dough
1. Mix together walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Mix together sugar, water, honey, and cinnamon. Boil for 5 minutes; let cool and set aside and cool.
3. Melt one pound butter. Brush large cookie sheet. Lay phyllo dough sheets one at a time. Brush with butter each time.
4. After 10 sheets, put a generous amount of butter on and top with 1/2 of the nut mixture.
5. Do 5 more sheets and add a generous amount of butter, then the remaining nuts.
6. Add 5 more sheets. End with butter (won't use all).
7. Cut into squares and bake 1/2 hour at 350. Pour glaze after baking (won't use all) and let cool completely.
**follow notes on phyllo dough for how to keep it moist**