- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 large potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- shredded cheddar
- fresh parsley
1. In large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside.
2. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.
3. Stir in flour, basil, salt, and pepper; mix well.
4. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Add potatoes, cream, hot pepper sauce, and broth mixture in crock pot.
6. Heat through on low/warm until tender.
7. Garnish with bacon, cheese, parsley, and parmesan.